Patriotic JokesQ. What was General Washington's favorite tree? A. The infantry.
Q. What was the most popular dance in 1776? A. Indepen-dance.
Q. Did you hear the one about the Liberty Bell? A. Yeah, it cracked me up!
Q. What did one flag say to the other flag? A. Nothing. It just waved.
Q. How is a healthy person like the United States? A. They both have good constitutions!
Q. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed? A. At the bottom
Q. What did King George think of the American colonists? A. He thought they were revolting!
Q. What did the colonists wear to the Boston Tea Party? A. Tea-shirts.
Q. Why does the Statue of Liberty stand in New York Harbor? A. Because she can’t sit down.
Some interesting quotes attributed to Benjamin Franklin’s, Poor Richard’s Almanac
- A little neglect may breed mischief: for want of a nail, the shoe was lost; for want of a shoe the horse was lost; and for want of a horse the rider was lost.
- A penny saved is a penny earned.
- Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
- Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
- Fish and visitors smell after three days.
- Genius without education is like silver in the mine.
- Haste makes waste.
- Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?
- It is hard for an empty bag to stand upright.
- Little strokes fell great oaks.
- Never leave until tomorrow what you can do today.
- Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
- Well done is better than well said.
- In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.
- There never was a good war or a bad peace.
- Time is money