Ten facts about Easter
- The tallest chocolate Easter egg was made in Italy in 2011 and stood over 34 feet and weighed an astounding 15,873 pounds.
- In the US, only 12 of 50 states recognize Good Friday as a holiday, however Repco does and will closed for business on Friday, March 30.
- The exchange or giving of Easter eggs actually dates back to before Easter and the giving of eggs is actually considered a symbol of rebirth in many cultures.
- Peep peep… did you know Americans buy more than 700 million marshmallow Peeps during Easter? This makes Peeps the most popular non-chocolate Easter candy.
- Americans consume more than 16 million jelly beans during this holiday. That is enough jelly beans to circle the globe not once, not twice, but three times.
- Are you an ears, arms or tail person? Seventy-six percent of people eat the ears on the chocolate bunny first, 5 percent go for the feet and 4 percent for the tail.
- The state of Florida holds the record for the largest Easter egg hunt, where 9,753 children searched for 501,000 eggs.
- The White House of tradition of the Easter Egg Roll started back in 1878, with President Rutherford B. Hayes.
- Workers in Birmingham, who make the famous Cadbury Cream Egg, produce more than 1.5 million egg delights a year.
- Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Christ; it is the oldest Christian holiday and one of the most important days of the year.
Q.: Can February March?
A.: No, but April May.
Q.: Why is everyone so tired in April?
A.: Because they've just finished a long 31-day March
Q.: What season is it when you are on a trampoline?
A.: Spring time
Q.: Why are trees very forgiving?
A.: Because in the fall they "Let it go" and in the spring they "Turn over a new leaf"
Q.: What do you get when you pour hot water down a rabbit hole?
A.: A hot cross bunny
Q.: What do you call a girl with a frog on her head?
Q.: What do you call a rabbit with fleas?
A.: Bugs Bunny
Q.: What does the Easter Rabbit get for making a basket?
A.: Two points just like everybody! (Unless it’s a long 3 pointer!)